Inmate Visitation Information
Yuma County Adult Detention Center
200 W. Court Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
For Visitation Appointments call:
Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Inmate visitation is available by appointment only. Inmates are eligible for visitation after the first 72 hours unless the inmate is in disciplinary segregation.
Appointments must be made one day in advance. Only two (2) visitors per inmate will be allowed at each visit. A child under the age of 18 will be considered one visitor.
Adult Visitation Frequency & Duration
- Minimum Security Units: Inmates housed in the Minimum Security Units are eligible for two (2) one (1) hour visits per seven (7) day period.
- Medium & High Security Units: Inmates housed in the Medium & High Security Units are eligible for one (1) one (1) hour visit per seven (7) day period.
- Segregated Units: Inmates housed in any of the Segregated Units are eligible for one (1) thirty (30) minute visit per seven (7) day period.
Juvenile Visitation Frequency & Duration
- General Population: Juveniles that are in general population are eligible for two (2) one (1) hour visits per seven (7) day period.
Special or Out of Town Visits
Special visits may be arranged for friends and family living outside a fifty (50) mile radius of the jail and are only in town for a limited time. These special visits are scheduled on a one-time basis and will be scheduled based upon availability ANY day of the week. NOTE: A valid government picture identification must be presented at the time of visitation and must show visitor's residency outside a 50 mile radius.
Professional visits pertain to attorneys or other approved legal visitors, law enforcement officials, clergy and program representatives. If you are not certain if you meet the criteria for a professional visit, please contact the Visitation Office via telephone at (928) 539-7841 or e-mail.
FOR PROFESSIONAL VISITATIONS ONLY
Click link below to e-mail the Visitation Office for information regarding Professional Visitation or to schedule a Professional Visitation appointment.
Yuma County Detention Center - Visitation Office
- Non-Contact Visitation: All professional visitors, with the exception of attorneys requesting a non-contact visit, must schedule a visitation appointment one day in advance.
- Contact Visitation: Requests for contact visitations shall be approved based on specific criteria, including but not limited to:
- The need for an interpreter, investigator, or other court-related expert.
- The use of media equipment.
- The needs of the professional visitor directly related to the visit.
- Professional Visitation Times: Professional visits may be scheduled:
- Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:45 AM-7:00 PM. NOTE: No visits will be scheduled between the hours of 2:00-3:00 PM.
- Saturday & Sunday (subject to availability) between the hours of 8:00 AM-12:00 PM only.
- Additional Identification Requirements: In addition to a valid government picture identification, professional visitors may be asked to present professional credentials at the time of the visit such as a Arizona State Bar Association identification card, Provider identification card, law enforcement credentials, private investigator's license, interpreter certification card, etc.
For more information...
Regarding jail visitation, call (928) 539-7841 between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.