Federal Firearms Applications
BATFE Forms Processing
As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) in Yuma County, the Sheriff of Yuma County is responsible for accepting and processing the following Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE):
- ATF F 5320.1 (Form 1)--Application to Make and Register a Firearm
- ATF F 5320.4 (Form 4)--Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm.
In order to process the ATF F 5320.1 (Form 1) and ATF F 5320.4 (Form 4), the following requirements must be met:
- Residency: Applicant must be a permanent Arizona resident.
- Federal Firearms Application Records Check Form: You must submit a completed Federal Firearms Application Records Check form to the Sheriff’s Office when you submit the BATFE forms for the Sheriff's signature. This form authorizes the Sheriff’s Office to conduct a local and nationwide records check.
- BATFE Forms: BATFE forms submitted for the Sheriff's signature must be completed and submitted in duplicate.
- Identification: Picture identification will be required at the time of request and pick up.
NOTE: All paperwork must be submitted in person to the Sheriff’s Office.
Other BATFE Forms
The following is a list of other BATFE forms that must be submitted to the Sheriff for filing:
|ATF E-Form 3310.4: Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers
|ATF E-Form 5300.38: Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License
|ATF E-Form 7 (5310.12): Application for Federal Firearms License
|ATF E-Form 7CR (5310.16): Application for Federal Firearms License (Collector of Curios and Relics)
Please mail completed CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) copy for the above listed forms to:
Yuma County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Sheriff Leon N. Wilmot
141 S. 3rd Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
Important to know...
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office does not furnish the BATFE forms. To obtain current forms or for questions and information, contact BATFE:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
Phoenix Field Office
201 East Washington Street, Suite 940
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Tel: (602) 776-5400
Fax: (602) 776-5429
Website: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobaco, Firearms & Explosives
Please note that the Sheriff’s Office does not perform quality control regarding any of the forms used by BATFE. Any questions on how to complete the BATF forms or any other related questions must be directed to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives directly. The Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for returned forms due to improper completion by the applicant.
For more information...
Contact Anna Amezcua at (928) 783-4427, Ext. 3007 or via e-mail at:Anna.Amezcua@ycso.yumacountyaz.gov