Yuma County Detention Center
200 W. Court Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
For visitation appointments call: (928) 539-7841
Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office has suspended personal face-to-face and on-site video inmate visitation for the safety of the inmates, staff and the public. Remote video visitation remains available to all inmates. To schedule a remote video visitation, go to www.jailatm.com
In an effort to keep inmates connected to friends and family, inmates will receive one free 5-minute phone card to make calls. Each inmate will continue to receive one free 30-minute remote visit per week.
Cash money deposits for inmate accounts and bonds will no longer be accepted in Visitation and will only be accepted at the gazebo located on First Street. For more information regarding deposits for inmate accounts, visit the Inmate Accounts page.
Please contact Visitation at (928) 539-7841 for questions.
Personal Face-to-Face Visitation - SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Personal face-to-face inmate visitation is available by appointment only. Inmates in disciplinary segregation are not eligible for visits.
NOTE: The visitation section will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas day and New Years day in accordance with observed County Holidays.
Remote visits are available via Combined Public Communications through their affiliate Tech Friends. To create an account or for further information, please contact Tech Friends at www.jailatm.com
Face to face visits are available during the second week of every month. Visitors are encouraged to call the Visitation office for details at (928) 539-7841.
Special or Out of Town Visits
Special visits may be arranged for friends and family living outside a fifty (50) mile radius of the jail and are only in town for a limited time. These special visits are scheduled on a one-time basis and will be scheduled based upon availability ANY day of the week. NOTE: A valid government picture identification must be presented at the time of visitation and must show visitor's residency outside a 50 mile radius.
Professional visits pertain to attorneys or other approved legal visitors, law enforcement officials, clergy and program representatives. If you are not certain if you meet the criteria for a professional visit, please contact the Visitation Office via telephone at (928) 539-7841 or e-mail.
FOR PROFESSIONAL VISITATIONS ONLY
Email the Visitation Office at SO.Visit@ycso.yumacountyaz.gov for information regarding Professional Visitation or to schedule a Professional Visitation appointment.
- Non-Contact Visitation: All professional visitors, with the exception of attorneys requesting a non-contact visit, must schedule a visitation appointment one day in advance.
- Contact Visitation: Requests for contact visitations shall be approved based on specific criteria, including but not limited to:
- The need for an interpreter, investigator, or other court-related expert.
- The use of media equipment.
- The needs of the professional visitor directly related to the visit.
- Professional Visitation Times: Professional visits may be scheduled:
- Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:45 AM-7:00 PM. NOTE: No visits will be scheduled between the hours of 2:00-3:00 PM.
- Saturday & Sunday (subject to availability) between the hours of 8:00 AM-12:00 PM only.
- Additional Identification Requirements: In addition to a valid government picture identification, professional visitors may be asked to present professional credentials at the time of the visit such as a Arizona State Bar Association identification card, Provider identification card, law enforcement credentials, private investigator's license, interpreter certification card, etc.
Any person visiting an inmate in the Yuma County Detention Center must meet the following requirements:
- Identification: All visitors must have a valid government picture identification with date of birth, i.e., driver's license, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc. (A "matricula consular" is not considered a valid form if ID.)
- Age Requirements: No one under the age of 18 may visit an inmate unless:
- Accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Or visitation was previously approved by the Detention Center
- EXCEPTION: An exception to this rule is a minor who is married to an inmate and is able to provide:
- Marriage Certificate; AND
- A valid picture identification
NOTE: Juveniles approaching the age of 18 may be asked to produce a valid government picture ID if their age is in question.
- Personal Items: No personal items will be allowed into the Visitation Area. Lockers are available in the Visitation lobby for visitors to store personal items. Lockers require a quarter deposit, which will be refunded upon return of the locker key.
Visitation Contact Information
Visitation Schedules and requirements may be subject to change.
Please contact the Visitation Office at (928) 539-7841.
If you have any questions regarding jail visitation, please contact the Detention Center Visitation Office.
Tel: (928) 539-7841
Office Hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM